2018 (music)

I'd like to start posting music ballots again, but since I don't listen to hundreds of albums a year, I've restructured my awards to just five categories instead of ten. I've kept Album, Record, Song, and Artist of the Year, and added Performance of the Year. (My 2014-2017 ballots have been updated accordingly.)

* = winner

Album of the Year:

A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships - The 1975

Immortelle - Say Lou Lou

Love Is Dead - CHVRCHES*

OIL OF EVERY PEARL’S UN-INSIDES - SOPHIE

Trench - twenty one pilots


Record of the Year:

“Forever” - CHVRCHES

“I Always Wanna Die (Sometimes)” - The 1975

“Make some sense” - Christine and the Queens

“Missing U” - Robyn*

“Phantoms” - Say Lou Lou


Song of the Year:

“Any Other Way” - Tomberlin

“Future Me Hates Me” - The Beths

“Help Your Self” - Courtney Barnett

“Love It If We Made It” - The 1975*

“Pristine” - Snail Mail


Performance of the Year:

“I Always Wanna Die (Sometimes)” - The 1975

“Never Say Die” - CHVRCHES

“The Place Where Lost Things Go” - Jamie Cullum*

“Washing Machine Heart” - Mitski

“when the party’s over” - Billie Eilish


Artist of the Year:

The 1975

Christine and the Queens

CHVRCHES

Janelle MonĂ¡e

SOPHIE*

No comments:

Post a Comment