I'm Back!

For the two or three people reading this:

After dragging my feet for months on what to do with my ballots, I've decided to stick with my old format, and add Best Stunts and Best Breakthrough awards to bring my total to twenty categories (and one hundred nominations) a year. I haven't decided whether to keep doing "If I Voted" posts, as I announced in January, or not, but I have updated my 2019 ballot with all twenty categories. (I'll update my 1992-2018 ballots with the extra two categories soonish.)

I really should find the time to watch A Brighter Summer Day before I post 1991, but I might just go ahead and post it. And once I watch Postcards from the Edge, which I own on DVD, I'll post 1990. Then I'm just going to post my ballots in their most up-to-date form and edit them accordingly in the future.

Also, I'll have a full 2020 ballot ready to post as soon as I see a few more films, like The Father, Supernova, and Kajillionaire. Hope all of this is encouraging news. Back soon.

2 comments:

  1. That's great news, Josh. I much prefer the 20 categories, and also I like the "If I Voted" addition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlie! I still like the idea of 10 categories, but an even 20 with 100 nominations works, too. (Besides, I kind-of hated getting rid of Best Original Song. I love putting those lineups together.) I'll keep the If I Voted section then. :)

      Delete